France Star, Kante Ruled out of World Cup after Hamstring Surgery

France international N'Golo Kante has been ruled out of the World Cup finals after undergoing an operation on a hamstring injury, his Premier League club Chelsea said on Tuesday.


The midfielder, who played a pivotal role in Les Bleus' winning campaign in 2018, suffered a setback in the final stages of his recovery last week and has now been ruled out for four months after the surgery.

A Chelsea statement said: 'N'Golo Kante has undergone an operation on his hamstring injury.


'The midfielder visited a specialist with the club's medical department to explore the options for his rehabilitation approach and it was mutually agreed for N'Golo to have surgery to repair the damage.


'Following a successful operation, N'Golo is now expected to be sidelined for four months.'


From the foregoing, it goes without saying that the midfielder has now been ruled him out of selection for the World Cup, taking place in the Middle East nation of Qatar from November 20 to December 18.


Kante featured in only two Premier League games in the current campaign and played only a total of 175 minutes this season.






7 views0 comments